You’ll find it in books, magazines, on TV and all over the internet: endless realms of beauty advice. Today, we’re sharing 10 essential tips that have made our beauty routines next level in the best possible way. Keep on reading to learn more on how you can upgrade your day-to-day beauty routine!
- Always take your make-up off. Leaving your make-up on to clog your skin overnight just isn’t the vibe we’re going for this year. So even if you’re the cosiest you’ve ever been, get out of bed and remove that make-up! Your skin will thank you for it later, trust us.
- Double cleanse! Many think that a singular cleanse is enough, sorry to say it but it just isn’t the case. The first cleanse removes make-up, dirt and oil, while the second actually cleans your skin. Make this one a habit, stat!
- Abandon make-up wipes. Packed with harsh chemicals, they’re just a straight up nope. Invest in a cleansing balm and reusable cotton pads instead – the balm contains oils which break down and melt off make-up, and the reusable cotton pads make it simple to remove. AND you can pop them in the washing machine; a big yes on the sustainability front!
- Drink water. The best way to obtain a glowing complexion? Increase that h2o, baby! Try to get in at least two litres per day. If you struggle with remembering to drink water, try one of those bottles that’s labelled with times to drink throughout the day. You’ll discover even more benefits that come from staying hydrated, so don’t wait around on this one
- Embrace masks. For your skin, body and even your feet! Face masks can aid a variety of ailments such as lack of moisture, texture and acne, drawing out imperfections and leaving skin baby soft. This might not be everyone’s thing, but a peeling foot mask is something that everyone has to try at least once. Don’t judge us for enjoying the peeling stage!
- Trim your hair regularly. Yes, even if you’re trying to grow it out – it needs regular trims to grow long and strong. Damaged/split ends can travel up throughout the hair shaft when present long-term, meaning that even more hair will eventually break off. We’re saying this because you’re a friend: when the salons open, book that appointment. Thank us later.
- Wear sunscreen daily. Yes even if it’s not sunny, yes if you’re just sitting inside all day. The sun’s rays are present all the time and are extremely powerful, hence, we need to protect our skin 24/7! Especially if you’re using acids on your skin. Try to invest in a facial sunscreen and one for your body too, no matter what season it is.
- Use castor oil. When applied to eyelashes and eyebrows, castor oil promotes moisture and growth! Fuller brows and longer lashes? SOLD! We apply ours during our evening skincare routines before bed – do recommend.
- Use heat. Not like that – on your eyelash curler! Using a hairdryer prior to curling your lashes is proven to promote better, longer lasting results. Just don’t apply to your face when it’s red hot, let it cool slightly first.
- Wash your make-up brushes regularly. One that may not be obvious to everyone! We wash ours once a week (usually on Sundays so they’re fresh for a new week!), using baby shampoo, and leave them on a hand towel to air dry overnight. Your make-up will apply better too with clean brushes, so; bonus!
Until next time,
The Front Row team x