This Easter season bake something egg-celent with our Cool Food School workshop from cooking host, Deirdre.
Grab somebunny special, don your apron and get those paws ready to whip up something tasty in our easy to follow along Baking class. This one will be a guaranteed winner with the whole family.
What you will Need
Cupcake cases, a muffin tin, 3 mixing bowls, cups to measure and chopping board.
For the Cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups Wholemeal or Self Raising flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ tsp of Ground ginger, Cinnamon & Nutmeg
- 3-4 Carrots, grated
- 1tsp of Vanilla
- ½ cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup of raisons
- ½ cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup of Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of Natural Yoghurt
For the Icing
- ½ cup of Natural Yoghurt
- ½ cup of Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp of Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp of Vanilla
- Handful of walnuts
- 1 peeled & grated Carrot
- Preheat the Oven 180 degrees
- Place cupcake cases into muffin tin
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside for later.
- Grate Carrots carefully in a new bowl, add vanilla, chopped walnuts, raisons, and maple syrup into ‘wet ingredients’ bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave, add to wet ingredients bowl.
- Add beaten eggs and Natural yoghurt to wet ingredients bowl, combine.
- Add the combined wet ingredients to dry ingredients bowl gradually and mix.
- Bake for 13 minutes until tested knife comes out clean and buns are risen and golden.
- Once baked, set aside to cool.
- Tidy baking area.
In a new bowl add Natural yoghurt & Cream cheese and mix. Add Maple syrup and Vanilla to taste, mix again.
Roughly chop walnuts & peel and grate 1 carrot.
Decorate buns with icing, a topping of walnuts and some carrot!